Analyst/Manager, R&D Finance
Reporting to the Director, Accounting, the Analyst/Manager, R&D Finance will be primarily responsible for financial analyses, accounting and reporting relative to our research and development programs. Leveraging prior pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, advanced analytical skills and experience with clinical trials, the successful candidate will assume a strategic role on a dynamic Finance team working collaboratively across the Company to deliver a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis to manage accrual models for clinical studies
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations to review and understand clinical contract terms and clinical development plans
- Be a key contributor to the monthly close process, satisfying PO accrual requirements, identifying clinical study modeling inputs and recording related accruals
- Monitor and report on planned vs. actual clinical trial spend by program and study across our pipeline
- Prepare monthly management reporting, including metrics, variance analyses and supporting in-depth commentary
- Support benchmarking, scenario planning and forecasting for new and ongoing trials
- Support external and internal audits and inspections
- Provide ad hoc financial analyses / data / reporting related to research and development programs
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS degree in in Health Sciences, Finance and/or Business Administration with 5-7 years of industry experience
- CPA/MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience with clinical trial accounting and management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of information systems (e.g. clinical trial management systems, benchmarking databases, SAP)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to link data and create complex worksheets)
- Understanding of clinical research principles and process
- Knowledge of clinical operations and project management processes and how interact with Finance
- General understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at KinderCare, Little Sprouts and Champions Centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.