Sr./Research Associate, Infectious Disease
Moderna is seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with experience in virology to perform assays to characterize the efficacy and/or mode of action of vaccines or therapeutic targets.
Here's What You'll Do:
- The incumbent will perform assays to determine the antiviral activity in vitro and/or in vivo elicited by various vaccine or therapeutic candidate mRNAs.
- Conduct assays to determine the most appropriate molecular target(s) against different viruses.
- Execute laboratory experiments and monitor adaptive and innate immune responses to various candidate antigens in partnership with Immunology team members. Qualify reagents used to perform necessary assays.
- Conduct assays relevant to the development and qualification of methods for measuring responses to vaccines and therapeutic mRNAs in pre-clinical studies
- Interpret and summarize experimental data.
- Present experimental results at group meetings, project meetings and department meetings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- B.S. with 3+ years of relevant experience in virology, microbiology or related discipline.
- Extensive experience with cell and tissue culture using sterile technique is required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in virology and/or vaccinology is a plus.
- Proficiency in molecular biology, Western blotting, and ELISA/ELISPOT assays is required. Experience with viral culturing, preparation and quantitation of viral stocks, and neutralization assays is preferred.
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
- The individual must possess excellent data management and verbal/written communication skills, have ability to perform experiments, evaluate and process data, present results in a clear, concise and timely manner, and assist with the preparation of final written reports.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches .
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers , as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.