(Contract) Associate Buyer/Planner, Supply Chain
Reporting to the Manager, Materials Management, the individual in this role will be responsible for placing purchase orders and maintaining a healthy inventory level for supporting GLP and GMP production. He/she will also be responsible to work with external customers/vendors to set up supply agreements. This position will assist GMP Manufacturing and supporting product development work. The individual will work with manufacturing associates, process development associates, shipping/receiving and Quality Systems. The successful candidate must have experience in ERP systems, Microsoft Excel and be able to multi task and communicate to various levels within and outside the organization.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Manage ERP inventory to support GMP/GLP Production
- Develop relations with vendors and coordinate supplier agreements
- Represent Moderna Therapeutics to external customers and vendors
- Maintain good relationships with vendors and internal customers to support GMP production
- Leading the Materials Management team in order to meet yearly forecasts and demands
- Responsible for inventory stock for various sku's
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner to communicate to various outside vendors for materials and services
- Establish improvement plans to ensure inventory levels are met and no shortages occur
- Be accountable for
- Assist in GMP/GLP inventory and stocking
- Collaborate with GMPL and GLP Production to create and support upcoming forecasts
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Hands on experience using SAP for buying, planning, and MRP
- Experience forecasting and communications with Operations
- High School Diploma or equivalency and 5+ years of experience in a GMP Environment
- Order entry to support production
- Experience in Microsoft Excel for planning and completing pivot tables for managing inventory
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecast planning
- Proven ability to succeed in high paced environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
- We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
- Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
- We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.