Commercial Information Management Technical Analyst
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The primary responsibility of the technical analyst role is to develop innovative data integration, data warehousing and BI solutions that align to business requirements supporting commercial operations and ensure that delivery of such solutions meet the quality requirements of the Business teams. This will include the following:
- Deliver innovative, quality and cost effective solutions to our Commercial organization.
- Perform data analysis to support scoping and requirements definition.
- Work with team to create project deliverables according to Merck standards.
- Assist in the development of project outputs such as business case development, solution vision and design, user requirements, solution mockup, prototypes, and technical architecture (if needed), test cases, and deployment plans;
- Provide status reports to PM and Merck lead as specified by Master Project Plan.
- Participate in project scoping and/or business requirement sessions as a means of assisting the Business Analyst in crafting such artifacts.
- Capture requirements to support the creation of a necessary data integration and BI solutions.
- Communicate business requirements and work closely with development teams to ensure accurate understanding and implementation;
- Provide support to design, construction and testing phases of the project(s).
- Develop data models and visualizations based upon business requirements.
- Manage multiple priorities, all while ensuring teams are working optimally to deliver on committed outcomes.
- Collaborate with vendors to drive solutions and influence and define the product solution road map.
- Collaborate with other team members (involved in the requirements gathering, testing, roll-out and operations phases) to ensure seamless transitions and delivery.
- Assist with the user adoption and change management activities during inception, UAT and post implementation phases;
You will work and learn more about:
- US Commercial strategy.
- Enabling BI and , data warehousing data integration capability to support business strategy.
- Working within the market and leveraging the hub network.
- B.S. or M.S. in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated expertise in data integration, data warehousing.
- Ability to work independently in a complex environment.
- Experience developing with standard data integration and database querying – SQL etc.
- Proficiency in Information Management, Data Analysis and Requirement Elicitation.
- Strong communication and leadership skills and possess the ability to forge strong working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to present clear and concise solutions to stakeholders.
- Understanding of data management best practices and data analytics.
- Up to speed with latest technologies in data warehousing and the Cloud.
- Competency in data integration.
- Ability to lead requirements sessions with clients and project teams;
- Leverage appropriate development methodologies (e.g.: agile, waterfall) and best practices.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck