Associate Specialist, Supply Chain Management
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The position is an entry level, full-time opportunity within the Supply Chain organization.
Candidates will participate in process improvement projects, which will strengthen the candidates’ skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership in the following areas:
- Demand planning and fulfillment
- Warehouse management
- Distribution and logistics
- Launch planning
- Data analytics
- Lean Six Sigma
- Global improvement initiatives
- An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing and supply chain areas of expertise
- Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to Merck.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
- The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
- The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
- Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations
- BS/MS in relevant field completed by June 2018 (Supply Chain/Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Material Science and Engineering.)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
- GPA 3.3 or higher
- Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently
- Ideal candidate should have leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck