IT Technical Senior Specialist
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
This position will be part of the workflow and analytics group doing projects across all areas within Development Solution Engineering in support of MRL. Under the leadership of Engineering Solutions Delivery Lead the incumbent will work closely with business partners to design and develop solutions for the defined business needs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the solution design and delivery of analytics, workflow, and visualization capabilities (e.g. Appian, UiPath, Qlik, Spotfire).
- Contribute to innovation, and thinking/working “out of the box” as appropriate and when possible to achieve efficiency for a better user experience.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, work processes, industry practices, and standards.
- Interact with business users, solution/software providers, and IT colleagues to brainstorm and implement solutions.
- Proactive participation in defining system design, system and user acceptance testing, and ensure completion of required GxP and Merck Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation.
- Contribute to track performance of production support activities and escalate concerns in an appropriate forum for corrective action.
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with company policies and standards, in addition to regional and country specific regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, and Science OR in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience with large scale validated scientific computer systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering and solution delivery with GxP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems and identify appropriate technology solution(s).
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Drive for results augmented by strong planning and organization skills.
- Deliver customer value - committed to understanding and meeting customer needs.
- Collaborates effectively with and through others to achieve shared goals.
- Strong Communication skills for verbal, written, and technical presentations.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity.
- Experience in Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, and/or Safety IT, and relevant business areas.
- Experience with architecture, integration, interfaces, portals, and/or analytics.
- Experience with reporting tools (Spotfire, Qlik, or other) and workflow tools (Appian,TIBCO, Active Matrix, Uipath), and API frameworks (Apigee).
- Experience with validated health authority regulatory (HAR) capabilities, SDLC, inspection and audits.
- Experience working with on premise, Cloud capabilities, and software as a service (SaaS).
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck