Senior Scientist, Pharmacology- Screening
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Chemistry Capabilities & Screening (CC&S) is seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to fill the position of Senior Scientist and join our team of experienced and accomplished colleagues. Situated in the Screening & Compound Profiling (S&CP), as a Sr Scientist you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop disease-relevant cell-based and biochemical assays for small molecule and peptide hit-finding, hit-to-lead, and mechanism of action studies
- Use molecular biology expertise to develop various display screening platforms to support small molecule and peptide discovery efforts
- Collaborate with broad project teams and work closely with other functional groups within the Department to execute functional screen campaigns
- Act as liaison on projects and S&CP
- Maintain an internal and external scientific reputation for the S&CP department through publications & presentations
B.Sc. in a life sciences discipline with 7 years’ hands-on experience in drug discovery or M.Sc. in a life sciences discipline with at least five years hands-on experience in drug discovery or PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology or related field
- Demonstrated hands on experience and knowledge in cell-based assay and biochemical assay development to support drug discovery
- Demonstrated hands on experience and knowledge in molecular biology
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to execute within a matrixed organization
- Experienced in the development and optimization of display technologies, including but not limited to phage, mRNA, cDNA, ribosome display
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Pharmacology - DPS
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: Biohazard
Company Trade Name: Merck