Senior Specialist, Oncology Consumer Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Specialist, U.S. Oncology – Consumer Marketing. This position will be responsible for helping to optimize key elements of the consumer marketing strategy across multiple tumors for an Immunotherapy product. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA.
Key responsibilities and experience include and are not limited to the following:
- Experience with mass media including print, TV, digital, social, PR including asset development and media placement
- Experience analyzing mass media and digital analytics to make recommendations for optimization
- The ability to look across multiple channels and identify trends
- Experience working in digital innovation to drive brand growth
- Provide hands-on oversight and management of analytics agencies supporting the oncology marketing team
- Align data across all oncology digital assets, ensuring clean and meaningful data distributed across analytics tools
- Leverage the use of new marketing technology being brought to the organization via internal strategic partners
- Identify market research gaps and make recommendations as needed
- The ability to continue to identify and assess innovative approaches to consumer marketing and make recommendations that provide a competitive advantage.
- Experience with multi-channel integrated promotion and the ability to analyze and continually optimize programs on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a complex matrix organization where exceptional collaboration is required to obtain desired results
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- A minimum of 3 years of Consumer Marketing experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working with data analytics
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing without direct authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast phased, quickly changing environment
- Learning agility and flexibility
- Experience in implementing consumer brand strategy
- Requires approximately 25% travel, including some weekends.
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck