Associate Director, Nexplanon - Customer & Patient Strategy
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
In this exciting position the successful candidate will be responsible for bringing leading-edge marketing expertise to support preparations for a Merck growth brand that positively impacts millions of women’s lives globally. Bringing a fresh perspective to the opportunity, you will assess the customer and patient landscape holistically, working with cross-functional partners and centers of excellence to ultimately deliver a compelling and best-in-industry brand experience. You will be able to uncover, leverage and connect nuanced insights from the contraception marketplace. Collaborating seamlessly with internal and external partners, your mission will be to connect data, technology and other solutions to solve customer and patient problems and take this brand from strength to strength.
- Lead brand strategy development that reflects the spirit and intention of the new GHH strategy.
- Leverage new and emerging data and research sciences to uncover novel insights, while challenging and assessing current views and beliefs.
- Ensure brand and franchise teams are leveraging the full power of marketing efforts to enhance our products, services and experiences we offer our customers and patients.
- Lead systematic approaches that stimulate innovation, deliver organizational learning, while leveraging the collective intelligence and learnings of the organization.
- Embed test and learn approaches into strategy development.
- Develop customer and patient journeys that identify opportunities for engagement that create value for patients, customers and Merck/franchise.
- Develop business case, investment needs and activities that support realization of the strategy and priorities.
- Consistently leverages digital, advanced analytics to enable the execution of patient and customer plans as part of the broader franchise strategies.
- Bachelor Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of digital enabled customer marketing experience including strategy and execution.
- Experience working with various digital platforms to gain insights into traditional and non-traditional customers.
- Experience using digital and data analytics to measure impact of interventions and programs.
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience; consumer marketing experience.
- Knowledge of user experience design
- Creative thinking / problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Bias towards speed and agility
Your role at Merck isintegral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations tocome, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help makemeaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’reinventing for life.
If you need anaccommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search FirmRepresentatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. isnot accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employmentopportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumessubmitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet orin any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place forthis position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will bepaid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referralor through other means.
Visa sponsorship is notavailable for this position.
For more informationabout personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:EEOC Poster
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck