Associate Director, Global Promotion
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Associate Director, Global Promotion is responsible for leading the development, approval, and release of all Healthcare Professional (HCP), Healthcare Consumer (HCC), and Medical Education (MedEd) content and resources.
This role will support the Vaccines or Diabetes & Cardiovascular franchise and will work closely with key markets to understand content and timing needs. The candidate will ensure all activities are in full compliance with appropriate regulations and company policies.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
HCP and HCC (where applicable) Promotion
- Development of core launch campaign, messages, content, and resources based on customer needs/insights and aligned with brand strategy
- Development of content and resources for use across multiple non-personal channels
- Integrate learnings from scientific leader (SL) engagements and key scientific data to inform development/refinement of the Scientific Platform
- Development of medical education content and resources for peer-to-peer use by SLs and speakers
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors and maintain adherence to Merck compliance goals and policies
- Collaborate with multiple teams including Global Marketing, Promotion Review Team (PRT), Global Market Research, Global Marketing Operations, and Learning & Development
- Work with Global Medical Affairs on MedEd content development to ensure integrated and consistent educational information to customers
- Drive measurement and improvement of the effectiveness across promotion and MedEd resources/programs
- Global Modular Content management
- Agency/vendor management
- Budget management
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA/Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience in pharmaceutical marketing / marketing support / sales functions
- Astute business decision, analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex data into a recommendation for HCP, HCC, and/or medical education content development
- Prior experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles
- Digital / non-personal promotion experience
- Agency/vendor management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Product/New indication/Market event launch experience
- Strong strategic thinking
- Minimum of 2 years of category experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck