Associate Director, Zinplava - Customer and Patient Strategy- Global Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to help “lead the way” with the Global Hospital Acute Care Business.
The Associate Director, Zinplava: Customer & Patient Strategy, will play an important role as we transition to the new Global marketing and GHH operating model, while helping to improve lives of patients that are threaten by Antibiotic resistance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead brand strategy development that reflects the spirit and intention of the new GHH strategy.
- Leverage new and emerging data and research sciences to uncover novel insights, while challenging and assessing current views and beliefs.
- Ensure brand and franchise teams are leveraging the full power of marketing efforts to enhance our products, services and experiences we offer our customers and patients.
- Lead systematic approaches that stimulate innovation, deliver organizational learning, while leveraging the collective intelligence and learnings of the organization.
- Embed test and learn approaches into strategy development.
- Develop customer and patient journeys that identify opportunities for engagement that create value for patients, customers and Merck/franchise.
- Develop business case, investment needs and activities that support realization of the strategy and priorities.
- Consistently leverages digital, advanced analytics to enable the execution of patient and customer plans as part of the broader franchise strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of digital enabled customer marketing experience including strategy and execution.
- Experience working with various digital platforms to gain insights into traditional and non-traditional customers.
- Experience using digital and data analytics to measure impact of interventions and programs.
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of user experience design
- Creative thinking / problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Bias towards speed and agility
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck