Director, Vaccines Insights Leader
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Director will serve as a key business partner and Insights Leader to the Vaccines leadership team on assigned brands/business areas, in the development and application of market insights and analytics to inform business strategy, launch brand strategy, and in-line brand growth objectives. This individual will lead a team of individual contributors in insights and analytics in the creation of research plans and ensure that research and resource investments are aligned to business priorities and integrated across other business areas, key markets, and other capabilities teams. This individual will proactively analyze strategic business issues, solve complex problems utilizing multiple sources of data and business insight, and apply sound judgment in recommending a course of action for business decisions in line with a deep understanding of the needs and strategy of their assigned business area. The Insights Leader can perform these activities independently and at a high level of achievement with minimal managerial direction demonstrating appropriate situational leadership and inspires their assigned team to deliver on the business.
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 10 years experience in market research and/ or related experience (eg: marketing, sales, marketing/ sales support, and/or analytics). Minimum of 5 years market research experience required in pharmaceuticals, healthcare, vaccines, or similar.
- Strong preference for Masters in Market Research, MBA or equivalent
- Demonstrates flexibility/ adaptability to effectively manage in matrixed/ complex organization; orientation toward collaboration/ teamwork
- Highly developed analytical skills, strong problem-solving and demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively.
- Is at mastery level in the full range of market research methodologies; able to coach/guide others in the application of market research methods – both traditional and new agile digital and social methods.
- Advanced verbal, written and oral presentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution skills
- Proven analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and data interpretation skills. Ability to distill down and synthesize complex information from various sources and create effective solutions
- Strong commercial orientation and business acument
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations with third parties (e.g., contractors, agencies, associations), or with team members in the absence of positional authority
- Understanding of the global and U.S. healthcare market and the evolving healthcare environment
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Market Research & Analytics
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck