Associate Director, Hepatitis Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Associate Director, Hepatitis Marketing will:
- Contribute to brand strategy development in support of Merck’s Hepatitis franchise, with possibility to contribute more broadly to the overall virology franchise.
- Leverage new and emerging data and research sciences to uncover novel insights, while challenging and assessing current views and beliefs.
- Ensure brand and franchise teams are leveraging the full power of marketing efforts to enhance our products, services and experiences we offer our customers and patients.
- Develop customer and patient journeys that identify opportunities for engagement that create value for patients, customers and Merck’s virology franchise.
- Develop business case, investment needs and activities that support realization of the strategy and priorities.
Specific responsibilities will initially include but not be limited to:
- Digital engagement strategy and execution
- Supporting Global Brand Leader in ensuring well-functioning Global Brand Teams
- Internal franchise communications
- Leading efforts to ensure accurate financial and demand forecasts, and supply availability
- Acting as liaison with manufacturing division, Finance, Investor Relations and Competitive Intelligence
- Supporting efforts to optimize sales execution including liaison with Learning and Development team
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated customer interaction and engagement skills
- Digital enabled customer marketing experience including strategy and execution.
- Specialty pharmaceuticals marketing, especially in the Virology field
- Creative thinking / problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Bias towards speed and agility
- Experience working with various digital platforms to gain insights into traditional and non-traditional customers.
- Experience using digital and data analytics to measure impact of interventions and program
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck