Associate Director, Contraception Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for primarily overseeing the Contraception portfolio as a whole including growth and legacy brands however may also support other areas and projects within the General Medicine franchise.
To optimize the portfolio the candidate will focus on the following areas:
- Content Management: Move to content curation approach for all contraception brands with limited/no new content development – event-driven only. Find efficient solutions for up-cycling of local content into global marketing hub for best practice sharing
- Leading key business initiatives which could include CTC strategy or Externalization approaches
- Ongoing Profitability analyses and SKU optimization
- Internal planning including forecasting, supply chain management, country operation interactions
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 plus years pharmaceutical marketing
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Project Management/ Six Sigma skills
- Track record of superior abilities to organize and plan work, collaborate with teams and stakeholders to pull through execution.
- Experience of working with portfolios is preferred
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck