Associate Product Lead HPV
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Associate Product Leader (APL) reports to the Strategic Product Leader and will focus on execution of 1) product-based strategy, 2) supply chain end-to-end continuous improvement, and 3) product Integrated Risk Management.
- The APL will help assure key project execution, and drive year on year attainment of brand operating metrics. The scope of the product supply execution overseen by the APL includes: product sourcing, network capacity and supply assurance, major market launches, physical product enhancements, process and method technical changes, robustness/quality and productivity projects, business continuity and Integrated Risk Management.
- The APL will champion the S&OP process to ensure collective alignment to execute on the top priorities at the enterprise level. In this context the APL will ensure that value, constraints, costs, and risks are clear and appropriately factored into decision making and aligned enterprise level product lifecycle planning.
- Additionally, the APL will site on the VCMT to serve as a network level escalation team, to manage issues and risks escalated from sites and functions that require network level responses and communications. The APL will be accountable to drive decisions in an efficient and effective way through appropriate governance channels.
- This is a highly integrative position, and it requires strong vaccines operations and technical knowledge as well as very strong leadership skills coordinate resolution of issues and clear understanding of execution priorities.
- The role also requires strong talent management and team building skills as well as exceptional strength in communications.
- Ideal candidates will have been an Integrated Product Team (IPT) or Technical Leader at the IPT level and are seeking horizontal business and value chain experience.
- This position carries the responsibility for product portfolios that can represent several billion dollars of revenue for Merck.
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Mfg, Supply Chain, technology
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, a demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems, and proven leadership skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent performance in the areas of detail, accuracy, organization and follow-up skills required.
- Must demonstrate exceptional judgment and a genuine willingness and desire to develop successful business relationships with partners/customers.
- Experience with S&OP processes very desirable.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck