Associate Director, Chronic Cough Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Associate Director plays a critical role in providing commercial input to the Chronic Cough development program as well as overseeing lifecycle indication development
This position will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Identifying the global potential and requirements for commercial succes
- Interfacing with GHH GBLs and CBL leaders, MSD Country leaders, and Medical and Scientific Affairs leaders to gain insight into customer needs as well as effectively drive the integration of commercial considerations into product development programs
- Providing strategic commercial input to: Product Development Teams; Clinical Development, Regulatory teams and MMD
- Developing Target Candidate Profiles (TCPs) and Value and Label as Driver (VLAD) documents
- Working in conjunction with in-line Marketing and Medical teams to develop pre-launch scientific message platform and marketing strategies.
- Organizing scientific leader advisory boards to identify and understand critical issues related to new product development.
- Sales forecasting for primary plus life-cycle indications
- Bachelor's degree required (business, marketing or equivalent preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Knowledge of and experience with primary care brands
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck