Associate Director, Quant Sciences
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Global Customer Data and Analytics Team is responsible for leading strategic market research by leveraging secondary data sources, including real-world data, formal and informal relationships, and national-level prescription data along with the development of enhanced analytic platforms to support of business needs across the Merck portfolio. We are looking for Quantitative Analyst who will:
- Lead the organization in gathering data-based insights about our customers Globally and within the US
- Provide expert advice with secondary data needs and analysis to Marketing and Market Research.
- Provide data analysis in order to support analytical needs
- Must be able to be able to translate complex data and statistical-based analyses to practical business decisions, and help solve business needs through appropriate data and analyses.
- The position works closely with the Quant Sciences Team - in establishing Best Practices and processes for secondary data, including statistical methods; and disseminates insights throughout the organization
- The position requires strategic alignment with the multiple stakeholders including marketing, market research, and commercial teams.
- The position requires a strong understanding of marketing and sales environments, syndicated reports and secondary analytics.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesizing and applying insights about the trend/themes of diverse client needs in order to quickly assess business needs, identify opportunities, innovate, and evolve the methods and tools of the group.
- The position requires an individual with strong leadership skills, an ability to work independently and deal well with ambiguity.
- Required: BA/BS in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other relevant discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree
- Minimum of (5) years experience in Pharmaceutical Marketing or Analytics
- Strong understanding and experience with data and statistics.
- Strong understanding and experience with Pharmaceutical marketing and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to understand the strategic vision and key leverage points of various clients. This includes the ability to understand therapeutic categories, patient flows, and data capture through the various patient interfaces.
- Strong analytical skills, strong problem-solving, and demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively
- SAS programming, or other Statistical Software experience.
- Must demonstrate the appropriate degree of performance in all Leadership Standards (particular emphasis on Focus on Customers, Make Rapid/Disciplined Decisions, act with courage & candor, drive results, foster collaboration)
- An in-depth knowledge of the Global and/or US healthcare environment
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration, and influence skills
- <10% Travel
- Experience with methods traditionally used in analytical research, or multivariate statistical modeling, etc.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Quantitative Sciences Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck