Launch Leader (Early Dev. to Phase IIA)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Global Launch Excellence role (Early Development - Phase IIA) is critical to the successful product launches in markets around the world, with particular emphasis in the 6 Key Markets. Early and continuous collaboration with the appropriate brand and cross-functional workstreams guides key decision timing from Early Development thorough Phase IIA.
A key role of the launch leader in this early planning is to partner with appropriate business stakeholders to align and integrate work across functions, share best practices, mitigate risk, and accelerate work on the critical path. This role will support strategic early development planning through Phase IIA. The launch leader interacts with, but is not limited to, stakholders such as MMD, MRL and other early development stakeholders. They will proactively identifying opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency of work, increase speed, decrease costs and lower priority work.
Core responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Develop and apply Launch Excellence best practices appropriate for early development
- Share relevant insights and best practices from across the organization.
- Manage integrated planning across commercial cross-functional workstreams, as well as coordination with MRL, MMD & 3rd parties as needed
- Track ongoing risks; apply contingencies, scenario planning
- BA/BS required; MBA/MS preferred
- Minimum of (4) years Marketing, Operations and/or Business Consulting experience.
- Minimum of (5) years Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Demonstrated Project Management experience/skills
- Established commercial experience and well-applied business and marketing acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills: ability to drive decision-making and results, ability to meet both the needs of the business and the needs of the customer, courage and candor
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated meeting and training facilitation skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the business
- Cross-functional leadership: ability to work across divisions and functions to ensure that work progresses effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate familarity and general knowledge of early stage marketing approaches including, but not limited to - buying process, market maps, positioning statements, value evidence, pricing and access approaches and early scientific platform
- Comprehensive knowledge of GHH Sales and Marketing processes, as well as Merck strategic framework
- Familarity of processes for launch supply support
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck