Supervisor/Manager, Manufacturing, 2nd Shift
Moderna is seeking a Supervisor/Manager of Manufacturing, 2nd Shift. The second shift manufacturing manager is a hands on front line management position. The Manufacturing Manager is accountable for production operations associated with the manufacture of clinical drugs following cGMP. The individual in this role will lead a cohesive team responsible for producing high quality mRNA-based medicines for evaluation in human clinical trials. He/she will apply existing and new knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and cGMPs to enable technical success with stringent adherence to regulatory requirements and Moderna's Quality System.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Develop weekly/monthly goals and manages shift activities.
- Oversee progress of daily schedule to ensure safe and timely completion of manufacturing activities
- Point person for technical and compliance issues and liaison with internal groups (QA, QC, Regulatory etc.) to facilitate issue resolution.
- Ensure functional unit's compliance with GMP and all its related elements such as facilities, documentation (SOPs and validation protocols etc.), training, reports and records.
- Oversee the hiring, development, retention and performance of front line manufacturing staff.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Requires BS in a relevant science or engineering discipline and a minimum of 5+ years' experience in a biotechnology manufacturing/quality/development environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of cGMPs and FDA guidelines is required.
- Preferred: Prior supervision of staff
- Preferred: 7+ years of professional/industrial cGMP experience in a biotech, diagnostic, therapeutic or pharma company
- Preferred: Subject Matter Expert on the set up/use/process of chromatography systems, TFF Systems, and single use process materials/consumables
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.