Associate Director, Payer Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
As the Associate Director, Payer Marketing, responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with US Brand Marketing and Integrated Account Management (IAM) organization to support overall objective to achieve profitable market access and grow net income for respective brands
- Develop payer customer segment strategy and promotional campaigns for all US payer customer segments (health plan, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Medicaid, Medicare, federal, pharmacy, hospital and community oncology GPO)
- Develop payer and health system value messages, pricing and contracting strategies
- Work with promotion manager to develop and deploy resources to support managed care strategy
- Support appropriate pull-through activities and payer related solutions for field sales
- Support Franchise Finance in development of segment level forecasts in support of brand forecast
- Provide US payer input into Global Access Teams, new product planning, and business development teams
- Work with US Outcomes research to inform outcome research plans in support of the payer value proposition
- The position will be responsible for US Oncology Payer Marketing for the Oncology Biosimilar Franchises.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare industry experience (includes experience in a Customer facing role, payer or brand Marketing/Strategy, Promotion Management, Marketing Research and/or Healthcare or Biopharma Consulting)
- Experience in customer facing or marketing experience (e.g., sales management, customer management, account management and/or brand marketing).
- Account Management/Contract Negotiation experience
- Ability to formulate launch pricing and contracting strategy while managing market ambiguity
- Consulting/Stakeholder Management experience
- Prior payer marketing experience in oncology buy & bill, medical benefit product
- Data analytic skills qualitative and quantitative
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical critical thinking and planning skills
- Experience in the commercialization of biosimilars and/or complex multi-source products.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Demonstrated understanding of US healthcare trends and policy issues and their potential impact upon oncology biosimilar business opportunities
- Marketing expertise, working within a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience in financial management (e.g., brand budget, profit plan, sales forecasts)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck