Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment. Job
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Lead global projects focused on small operational engineering and operations related work.
- Work as member of the managed services team of Windows and VMware.
- Ensure team’s effective collaboration with all IT colleagues across various business areas.
- Directly support Managed Services oversight for Server Infrastructure Services.
- Be a change management steward for the region.
- Assist in leading Major Incident resolutions globally and in the region.
- Interact with country manager reviewing Network and Unified Communication services.
- Lead discussions with stakeholders over Server or Storage Infrastructure incidents and issue resolution processes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
- Master of Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum of three years relevant IT Systems Administration experience in Server Infrastructure.
o Server Services Midrange Systems Admin – Virtualization (vPAR v6), HPVM, Windows Systems Administration, Windows Virtualization (Vcenter)
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience in Managed Services oversight of Core Infrastructure.
- Strong ITIL and process discipline to ensure compliance within the managed services framework and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Tactical, as well as strategic thinking and creative problem solving.
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel and collaborate with others.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Hands on experience with any of the following tools/technologies: HP-CSA, HP-SA, HP-OneView, SDI, HPDMA.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck