Senior Marketing Specialist, Social Media
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Check out this exciting opportunity to be part of a strategic initiative to evolve consumer marketing capabilities across brands at Merck.
As a member of U.S. Consumer Marketing Center of Excellence, the Senior Specialist works closely with Associate Director of Social Media Marketing to support brand-level social media activities via the development of resources and communications.
- Responsible for the development of the social media content that aligns to the brands' objectives in partnership with the marketing teams and their Agency of Record (AOR).
- Lead all Promotion Review Team activities for brand-level social media content:
- Participate in all prioritization and deliver meetings for each assigned brand
- Represent the need of social media within the brand priorities
- Work with attorneys, scientific specialists & medical leads in the approval of materials for all assigned brands
- Manage social media budgets for all brands within the assigned franchises
- Manage the content calendar for assigned brands
- Ensure appropriate execution of content across social media platforms
- Serve as a community manager for assigned brands or identify third-party support and ensure pull-through
- Capture meeting minutes for the Social Media Working Group
- Create and manage social media guidance documents
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 + year of experience in a pharmaceutical marketing or marketing support role
- Experience creating content for social media, managing content, and working with community managers for an organization or brand
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders Experience working on multiple projects at one time
- Experience with sales, marketing or promotion development within pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working with external agencies
- Works well with others
- Leads without authority
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck