Associate Director, Animal Health Supply Chain Strategy, Network & New Business Integration
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
As the Associate Director, you will be responsible for but not limited to :
- Serve as primary Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) interface to Network Strategy, Business Development, and Market Intelligence/Business Strategy Teams to provide supply chain expertise and insight in the development of network strategy as well as new business and new product acquisitions
- Assist in the continued development of cohesive manufacturing strategies and principles for Animal Health to increase the efficient utilization of the overall AH manufacturing network and to grow manufacturing capabilities to meet aggressive goals
Primary activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the assessment of potential new business initiatives by participating in viability assessments with the AH Market Intelligence and Business Strategy Team.
- Use capacity tools to assist in the evaluation of the impact of new or potential acquisitions as well as evaluating scenarios to streamline the AH manufacturing network. Make strategic recommendations to optimize capacity and asset utilization and optimize the use of capital.
- Serve as a core member of site integration teams for new site acquisitions. Assess site equipment and capabilities and develop templates to assess utilization and impact to overall network. Identify and remediate supply chain/planning gaps and immediate needs for the site to be successfully integrated into the AH manufacturing network.
- Document supply chain best practices and requirements that can be used as guidelines or checklists when assessing new product or site acquisitions.
- Provide supply chain support for capital project justifications for large scale network strategy projects.
- Assess product categories for potential outsourcing opportunities as part of overall manufacturing utilization strategy and life cycle management
- Conduct process improvement initiatives as required
- B.S. degree in business, science, or engineering is required with an advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in supply chain management, operations or related area
- Expertise in supply chain business processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, especially those of higher band levels.
- Familiarity with the Animal Health Manufacturing Network and its capabilities is preferred
- APICs certification is desired.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck