Engineer II/III, Process Development
Moderna is looking for a highly-motivated Engineer II / III to support development of mRNA and DNA plasmid production processes for our Personalized Cancer Vaccine. In this position, you will be involved in developing and characterizing mid- and late-stage purification processes. In addition to process development this role will also play a crucial role in technology transfer as well as materials supply and troubleshooting of GMP manufacturing processes. As such, this is a central role that will have dynamic interactions with various other groups within Moderna including Analytical Development, Drug Product Development, Translational Research, Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Sciences and Quality Assurance.
Here's what You'll Do:
- Perform process development activities for the purification of mRNA and DNA plasmid.
- Perform in-process analytics to guide process development, process characterization, product intermediate stability, and process troubleshooting
- Contribute to material generation efforts to support Drug Product Development
- Use Statistical Design-of-Experiments techniques to perform process characterization
- Write and publish process development and characterization reports
- Keep good documentation and maintain ELNs in an up-to-date fashion
- Present your experimental results, study outcomes, etc. to the group as well as to a wider audience
- Plan, organize and execute any other special projects that may be assigned from time to time
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Educational Qualifications: Masters or Bachelor's Degree in on one of the following fields: Chemical Engineering, Biochemical or Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Microbiology or any related or sub-disciplines of the above.
- Experience: 2 to 5 years post Master's Degree or 5 to 8 years post Bachelor's degree
- Extensive hands on experience with operation and troubleshooting of Chromatography Workstations (such as AKTA) and fluency with the associated control software (Unicorn)
- Hands on experience in setting up filtration systems (Tangential and Normal Flow, Depth, etc.) as well as use and operation of automated filtration equipment
- Experience in analytical chromatography (HPLC and / or UPLC)
- Experience in performing electrophoretic analyses (gel or free solution)
- Experience in developing and performing biochemical / biophysical or other analytical assays
- Experience in developing plasmid purification and / or viral vectors purifications will be an added benefit
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and planning capabilities
- Good communications skills
- Team player
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.