Nanjing Tech University Invites Talents from Home and Abroad
Located in Nanjing, an ancient capital of six dynasties and the capital of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing Tech University has a history of more than one century. Currently it is one of the first 14 institutions of higher learning approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education for the “ Enhancing the Innovation Capacity of Institutions of Higher Learning (Program 2011) ” and one of members for high-level provincial-level universities in Jiangsu. The university has three campuses, covering more than 253 hectares. The main Jiangpu Campus is located in the core area of Jiangbei New Area, a national-level new area, with beautiful sceneries and elegant environment, and it has been rated as “the most beautiful campus in Nanjing”. In terms of the average ranking of the university in four ranking lists, USNews, ARWU, THE and QS, for 2017, it ranks the 726th place worldwide and the 63rd place nationwide respectively. In terms of international Natural Index in 2018, it ranks the 233rd place worldwide and the 32nd place nationwide. Three disciplines, chemistry, material science, and engineering science, from the university, have been listed as top 1% of worldwide Essential Science Indicators (ESI).
As a school with abundant faculty, the university currently employs more than 2,800 teaching and administrative staff, more than 1,200 of them have senior professional titles, including 7 academicians, 7 specially-appointed professors as “Cheung Kong Scholars” of the Ministry of Education, 31 persons listed in the “Recruitment Program of Global Experts” (18 of them are young scholars), 13 persons with the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, and 8 persons listed in the National Program for Special Support of Eminent Professionals. It has six national scientific research institutions such as the Synergetic Innovation Center for Advanced Materials, State Key Laboratory of Materials-Oriented Chemical Engineering, and National Bioengineering Technology Research Center as well as some provincial and ministerial level scientific research platforms. The number of awards obtained by the university in three national awards for science and technology progresses has ranked the first place among all colleges and universities in Jiangsu in recent years. The school has adhered to its strategy of developing the university through talents by creating special areas of talents, establishing diversified salary systems, and providing perfect talent services to introduce and retain talents so as to successfully develop itself through outstanding talents.
With profound cultural deposits, strong entrepreneurial climate, beautiful campus environment, first-rate scientific research platforms, competitive remuneration, and extensive career development platforms, we sincerely invite outstanding elites and talents at home and abroad to join us.
І .Discipline for Recruitment
Chemical engineering and technology, materials science and engineering, civil engineering, safety science and engineering, pharmaceutical, light industry technology and engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, transportation engineering, environmental science and engineering, control science and engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and mapping science, management science and engineering, architecture, law ( civil and commercial law/environmental law), organic/biological optoelectronics, computer science, food science, physics, mathematics, and art
II. Positions for Recruitment
(i) Recruitment Program of Global Experts – Long-term Program of Innovation Talents
Generally speaking, the applicant shall be a professional technical talent or operation management talent with a doctorate and working experience as a post equivalent to professor at any overseas prestigious university or scientific research institution or as a senior post in any worldwide prestigious enterprise or financial institution, with age 55 or below. Such applicant shall have no full-time work experience in China or its work experience in China shall not exceed one year when he or she is introduced. The applicant shall work in China as a full-time scholar for more than three years after being introduced.
Relevant age, academic background, professional post requirements may be properly relaxed for talents with outstanding performances or ones who are in urgent need in China.
(ii) Recruitment Program of Global Experts – Program for Young Talents
1. The applicant shall be under 40 years old if his or her field is natural science or engineering technology; 2. With a doctorate and overseas scientific research experience for three consecutive years and above; 3. An overseas doctor with outstanding research findings or other outstanding achievements may be introduced as an exception by ignoring the above requirements on working period; 4. Have an official teaching or scientific research position at any overseas prestigious university, scientific research institution or the R & D institute of any well-known enterprise; 5. Work at the university after being introduced; 6. The applicant shall be a top-notch talent among the peers of relevant field and have the development potential to be leader of such field.
(iii) Cheung Kong Scholars Program – Specially-Appointed Professors
1. The applicant of natural science or engineering technology shall be no older than 45 and that of humanities and social sciences shall be no older than 55;
2. Generally speaking, the applicant shall have a doctorate and have actual teaching or scientific research experience; an overseas applicant shall have the experience as an associate professor and above at any prestigious university or other equivalent position, and any domestic applicant shall have the experience as a professor or other equivalent position;
3. The employment period is five years. Each employed applicant shall work at the university as a full-time scholar within the employment period and come to relevant position within one year after relevant employment contract is signed.
(iv) Cheung Kong Scholars Program –Program for Young Talents
1. The applicant of natural science or engineering technology shall be no older than 38 and that of humanities and social sciences shall be no older than 45;
2. Generally speaking, the applicant shall have a doctorate and have actual teaching or scientific research experience; a domestic applicant shall have the experience as a professional technical post at deputy senior or above level;
3. The employment period is three years. Each employed applicant shall work at the university as a full-time scholar within the employment period
1. The age of any academician or holder of worldwide well-known awards shall be no older than 65;
2. The age of any professor from any overseas prestigious university, national-level prestigious teacher, winner of National Natural Science Fund, National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars or Natural Science Award, listed professor or expert in the “Cheung Kong Scholars Program” or “Recruitment Program of Global Experts” shall be no older than 55;
3. The age of any associate professor from any prestigious university, or anyone listed in the Outstanding Youth Fund Program of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Young Overseas High-level Talents Program, Young Top-Notch Talents of National Program for Special Support of Eminent Professionals, and Young Cheung Kong Scholars Program shall be no older than 45;
4. The age of any assistant professor from any overseas prestigious university or any excellent young scholar who has outstanding scientific research achievements and large development potential at home and abroad shall be no older than 40.
(vi) Associate Professors and Assistant Professors
Associate professors: With a doctorate from any prestigious university or scientific research institution at home and abroad, the applicant shall have promising scientific research achievements, strong innovation ability and favorable development potential. The applicant shall have the experience in teaching and scientific research for more than two years at any prestigious academic institution as well if he or she applies for the position of associate professor. Generally speaking, the age of an associate professor shall be no older than 35 and that of an assistant professor shall be under 32.
The applicant shall have a doctorate of science or engineering from any prestigious university or scientific research institution at home and abroad and the duration since graduation as a doctor shall be no more than three years, with age under 35; the applicant shall have strong academic research ability and development potential, with corresponding research findings in relevant professional field.
Positions (i) – (v):
Competitive annual salary ranging from RMB 240,000 to 1.2 million as per talent levels, RMB 200,000 to 6 million for scientific research projects, and RMB 500,000 to 3 million for housing allowance. Each employed scholar or talent will enjoy preferential policies in terms of housing, arrangements for spouse and children, academic assistants and executive secretary.
Specified national salary and subsidies, RMB 160,000 to 500,000 for housing allowance and the maximum RMB 400,000 starting scientific research projects.
Minimum RMB 150,000 as annual salary and remuneration of other teaching and administrative staff. In addition, overseas research and study subsidies and research group subsidies are available. Any qualified postdoctor may apply for any position of teacher at the university.
IV. Contact Information
Recruitment webpage: http://rczyb.njtech.edu.cn/
Positions (i)-(iv): Mr. Ji Tel: +86-25-58139145, email: email@example.com;
Positions (v)-(vi): Mr. Tang, Mr. Chen, Mr. Wang, Tel: +86-25-58139140, email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Position (vii): Mr. Ji Tel: +86-25-58139145, email: email@example.com
Please specify your discipline+name+science recruitment in your email.
Mailing address: No.30 South Puzhu Road, Pukou District, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Apply for Nanjing Tech University Invites Talents from Home and Abroad
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly