Associate Director - SAP PP-PI, PM & Other Mfg.Execution Systems Support
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
As a member of Merck’s COMET SAP sustainment team (Working in Application management services model) - you will be responsible for the 24x7 support of Global user community. Merck’s Global SAP instance currently supports dozens of countries around the world. You are also responsible for leading business enhancements, assessing demand/ resource capacity and manage key stakeholders across the Globe.
This position leads and supports COMET/SAP PP-PI (Production Planning - Process Industries), Plant Maintenance functionality as hands on Subject matter expert and other Mfg. Execution systems as a generalist. This position will act as the primary team lead for identified systems and processes with a focus on COMET SAP and other legacy + add on Digital Shop floor systems.
The incumbent must have hands on SAP configuration experience coupled with Business & technical knowledge in Supply Chain Management areas. Areas of expertise should include- SAP PP-PI, Plant Maintenance and/or digital Shop Floor. Exposure to BI data modeling/reports will be highly desirable. Should be an established and acceptable Leader to the end user community with deep dive Business Process skills in a highly validated / regulated environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership role while handling internal stake holders globally across multiple geographic locations covering NA, EU, Asia- Pac and Latina America locations.
- Application managed services process governance: work in managed service model and lead team of external resources while ensuring a 24x7 support to Global user community.
- Demand & Capacity management: Collaborate with various groups of internal stakeholders and identify demand and manage capacity of work load -while handling business process enhancements using ITIL framework.
- Mature leadership role while managing expectations of business user community in a highly FDA regulated environment.
- Live market support for global COMET/ SAP sites including managing Help Desk tickets, break fixes and minor enhancements.
- Ability to manage and resolve issues quickly in a manufacturing productionenvironment with inputs from multiple teams.
- Functions independently and exercises a leadership role to enhance existing business processes and systems.
- Incidence management & resolution of issues – manage thru out sourced vendors / AMS Model.
- People coordination & stake holder management- Vendor resources, end user community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computers Science, Life Sciences.
- SAP knowledge must be highly focused, possessing in-depth knowledge of the capabilities w/in the assigned area – SAP PP-PI, Master Recipes, Plant Maintenance and SCM-BI modeling.
- A minimum of two full Life Cycle Implementations with emphasis as Subject Matter Expert in SAP-PP/PI , Plant Maintenance and Interfaces with MES/WERUM Mfg. Execution Systems.
- A minimum of 8 years SAP experience across the Supply Chain process including experience with the following SAP modules: SAP PP-PI, SAP>Middleware>Legacy system integrations, and touch points with Quality management and Materials Management areas.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain Integration through middleware with other systems like WERUM/ PAS-X and Batch Management functionality.
- Experience with ECM Work flow management.
- Experience with master data for production and end to end material handling processes.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to interact directly with business users.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous initiatives and prioritize work.
- Should be a generalist as well while handling non SAP Mfg. Shop floor system
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, escalation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze complex business processes, develops and implements solutions, and communicates impact to stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to solve for complex problems, coach and mentor team members and customers, develop and deliver training materials, and ensure compliance to processes.
- Leading cross-functional projects and teams.
- Strong customer focus, inclusion, and collaboration.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck