Sr. Research Associate , Potency Assay Development
Moderna is seeking a highly skilled, talented and motivated in vitro analyst for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site. The individual will participate in the development and performance of cellular and biochemical potency assays to support advancement of Moderna's mRNA clinical development candidates.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Development and performance of in vitro potency assays (e.g. ELISA, FACS, luminescence, functional activity) using cultured and primary mammalian cells to support product development
- Transfer of potency assays to CRO/QC laboratory for qualification and validation, for release and stability testing under GMP
- Standard mammalian cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cell lines
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Closely collaborate with members of the In Vitro Biology, Technical Development and Quality Control teams, and broadly with R&D departments throughout the company
- Accountable for experiment design, success and results delivery
- Record and communicate findings
- Presentation of results at internal meetings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS with 2-5 years of industry experience, or MS with 0-2 years of industry experience (Immunology, Cell Biology, or related science), developing and performing cellular and/or immunological assays
- Significant hands on experience with mammalian cell culture and the utilization of cell-based assays to examine the activity of protein targets
- Strong immunology background
- Experience in ligand binding assay development and performance (ELISA, MSD, bioplex, other)
- Experience with functional cell-based assay development (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, ADCC/ADCP, CDC, cytokine release, other) and sample testing
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and collaborative skills, attentive to detail, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in a GxP environment
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape and government agency guidance for potency assay development, qualification and validation
- Familiarity with nucleic acid therapeutic characterization
- Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive timelines and development goals
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.