Business Analyst, Vaccine Manufacturing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The senior IT Business/Technical Analyst will support a portfolio of projects and initiatives in support of the Durham MMD sites.
Under the leadership of the Durham IT Site Lead, the senior IT Business/Technical Analyst will understand the manufacturing processes and IT operating environment and will be responsible to ensure alignment and integration of IT solutions in support of business strategies.
Additionally, the senior IT Business/Technical Analyst will be responsible for implementing initiatives to improve IT infrastructure reliability and modernize IT/Automation solutions.
Major responsibilities include business case development, contributing to innovation initiatives and project based activities including business process analysis, scope definition/chartering, requirements elicitation, UAT planning and managing execution of project activities that may require coordination with above site IT and/or local automation teams.
The ability to plan and execute IT infrastructure reliability initiatives with no disruption to the business is also required. The senior IT Business/Technical Analyst must be able to work directly with business areas to define business problems and document current and future state business process and information flow maps leveraging problem solving methodologies including Six Sigma.
This is a client-facing role which has a high level of interaction with business partners at all levels and requires a strong customer service mindset. The senior IT Business/Technical Analyst must be able to work independently and be comfortable reaching across functional and geographical areas. The incumbent should expect to work collaboratively with business partners, Merck Manufacturing IT colleagues, third party solution providers and contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT business analysis experience in a client facing role.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with business clients, stakeholders, IT shared services groups and automation engineers.
- Proven facilitation, communication, project management and change management skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills balanced with a creative mindset.
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and cGMP’s.
- Demonstrated ability to define business problems, perform root cause analysis and identify technological solutions.
- Must be able to develop and articulate a plan of action, whether in support of a strategic initiative or planned roadmap, that clear, compelling and understandable to both business and IT partners.
- Minimum of 5 years proven knowledge of business processes within a pharmaceutical GMP environment.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Ability to understand, align and ensure integration of IT business and solution architecture with business solutions.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Execution Systems (Werum PAS-X), Distributed Control Systems (Emerson DeltaV) and Building Automation Systems (Siemens Insight).
- Experience working with support groups across geographical areas.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck