Lilly Neuroscience is seeking an associate-level scientist to join the Pain and Migraine discovery biology group to facilitate its mission of discovering novel medicines for the treatment of Chronic Pain Conditions. You should be passionate about multiple molecular biological experiments, including in vitro assay development and enablement, various binding and functional assays, generation and characterization of Genetically Engineered Model (GEM) lines, and mechanism of action studies to identify mechanism-relevant pathways. You should possess an exceptional attention to scientific detail, a keen interest in understanding pathophysiology of chronic pain, and be highly collaborative within the lab and across the group. Are you looking for an exciting career in research? Are you passionate about pursuing medicines that make life better for patients, particularly in the area of Pain and Migraine? This could be the role for you.
- Develop and validate various functional and binding assays with extensive molecular/cellular research-related technologies (e.g. gene cloning, cell culture, stable cell line generation, binding membrane preparation from cell lines and tissues)
- Screen for SM/LM in a broad range of biochemical and cell-based assays (e.g. assays of FLIPR, cAMP, b-arrestin, luciferase, MSD, ELISA, ex vivo binding, whole cell binding, and membrane binding)
- Characterize various gene engineered model (GEM) lines with various molecular/cellular technologies (e.g. gene mapping, gene copy number determination, IHC, fluorescence)
- Perform various gene expression assays (e.g. qPCR, RNAseq, RNAscope, Western blot).
- Use your strong analytical skills and creativity with a willingness to search and review the scientific literature independently.
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific data to supervisor/manager and project teams with clear interpretation of results and proposed next steps
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to work with fellow team members in order to schedule, coordinate, and execute high-quality molecular biology-based studies
- Displays problem-solving skills and the knowledge of inter- and intra-departmental roles and responsibilities for coordination of work activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays innovative skills to accommodate various study designs
- Demonstrates basic husbandry skills and competent in handling rodents.
- Demonstrates ability to handle and work with various isotopes (3H, 125I, 35S).
- Experience in tissue sections, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry techniques.
- Coordinates all preparations for the conduct of necropsies; dissection and prosection of animal models.
- Ability to deliver high-quality tissue samples
- Ability to document, validate, and interpret gross observations and organ weight data at study termination according to Good Research Practices
- Ability to ensure full compliance with all Lilly regulations, including understanding and following all Animal Care and Use protocols
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Molecular/Cell Biology or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience or
- Master's Degree in Molecular/Cell Biology or related field with scientific research experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Working knowledge of peripheral and central nervous system.
- Experience collecting blood, sciatic nerve, CSF, DRG, TG, spinal cord, and brain at study termination. Process samples for analysis.
- Familiar with various in vitro functional and binding assays.
- Familiar with generation and characterization of GEMS (transgenic, knockout, knock-in, humanized).
- Expertise in gene editing (e.g. CRISPR based technology), PROTAC, ASO and RNAi (siRNA and shRNA) is a plus
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team effort.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.