Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP)
To keep up with the pace of today’s fast evolving scientific and technological world and to promote the internationalization of higher education in Taiwan, Academia Sinica established the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) in 2002, in collaboration with a consortium of key national research universities.
The interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs offered by TIGP are designed to provide advanced scientific training and research environments for those who wish to do advanced research, to think critically and experience a mature international academic setting.
Interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs offered in 2018:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
- TIGP is under the supervision of Academia Sinica, a government-funded research institution with a proud tradition and international recognition
- TIGP, in cooperation with top research universities in Taiwan, offers highly specialized, inter-disciplinary Ph.D. programs at the cutting-edge of science and technology
- TIGP offers an all-English teaching and research environment with world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities
- TIGP offers graduate fellowships NT$34,000/month (~US$1,100/month) for the first year. For students who perform well, this stipend will be extended for a further 2 to 3 years. Post the stipend allowance period, further financial support is dependent upon individual thesis advisors.
Requirements and Admission Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree (Some programs only accept applicants with Master’s degree, please check each program’s admission requirements)
- English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT
- GRE Score (Requirements vary by program)
- Transcripts (Please provide an explanation for any non-standard grading system)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
In addition to the above general TIGP application requirements, please check out program’s website for program-specific requirements.
- TIGP offers admissions for the fall semester only.
- The official application deadline is March 31, every year.
- The application may be submitted through the on-line application system (recommended) (http://db1x.sinica.edu.tw/tigp/index.php) or by post to TIGP Office of Admission:
No. 128, Academia Road, Section 2, Nankang District, Taipei City, 115, Taiwan
For more detailed information, please visit the TIGP website at http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/
Apply for Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly