Postdoctoral Fellow (Structural Biology, Imaging, Immunology)
Postdoctoral fellow. PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Immunology, or Cell Biology with experience in structural biology, protein biochemistry, immunology, biophysical techniques, or single molecule super-resolution microscopy.
The Springer lab is seeking highly motivated, self-sufficient postdoctoral fellows to drive innovative research projects. Candidates must be scientifically curious, intellectually committed, and capable of working independently. Strong communication and writing skills are essential, and postdoctoral fellows are expected to apply for fellowship grants.
Our lab works on receptor-ligand interactions and signal transmission across membranes. We use a wide range of structural, cell biological, in vivo, protein and drug design and engineering, and high-resolution techniques to answer important questions relevant to immunology, hemostasis, neurobiology, stem cell biology, mammalian biology, and human disease. A common theme throughout our research is how force interacts with protein conformational change.
We have postdoctoral openings in the following areas:
- Structural and cell biology of integrins and integrin activation.
- Activation of TGF-β, BMP, and GDF family members both in vitro and in vivo.
- Discovery of novel receptor-ligand interactions and development of lead therapeutics in autoimmunity, inflammation, oncology, and fibrosis.
- In vivo investigation of the role of TGF-β and integrins in neurobiology and immuno-oncology using knockout mice and lead therapeutics.
- Mechanobiology, structure, and function of von Willebrand Factor.
- Structural biology of malaria vaccine targets.
Please see our website (https://timothyspringer.org/) for more details about our research.
To apply, please submit a cover letter in the body of an email and CV and three references as attachments to springer_jobs[at]crystal.harvard.edu with "PD-20180306" in the subject field. Only applications sent to this email address will be reviewed.
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience and developing a strong postdoctoral fellowship proposal.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow (Structural Biology, Imaging, Immunology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly