BCG Operations Lead Technician
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Organon Teknika vaccine manufacturing operations area is seeking a Lead Production Technician. The Organon Teknika Facility manufactures BCG Live TICE BCG, Onco Tice and BCG Vaccine. These products are manufactured from a live, attenuated lyophilized bacterial suspension; the products are indicated for the treatment of Bladder Cancer and provide vaccination for
As Lead Production Technician, this role will be the team co-leader in the manufacturing of Durham live vaccine products. Responsible for scheduling and coordinating media formulation, component preparation, and aseptic harvest/filling/sealing operations. Maximizes the potential of all team members. Fosters an environment that allows for progressive, continuous improvement of skills and honest, open feedback.
- Coordinates production operation with minimal coaching support, leading a group of technicians.
- Responsible for management of EHS actions and inspections for production areas.
- Prepares daily work assignments and coordinates work team.
- Reviews production documentation.
- Gains and uses general knowledge of plant systems (equipment, financial, planning, etc.) to monitor and execute production schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to government regulations through a demonstrated understanding of SOP's and a general knowledge of company policies/guidelines, safety/environmental regulations, and GMP's.
- Coordinates resources to ensure that equipment remains in operating condition.
- Gains a working knowledge of the production process by becoming qualified to operate equipment.
- Act as floor lead for Production Operations shop floor standard work execution and responsible for maintaining standard work.
- Perform oversight of SAP transaction activities for Production.
- Leads lean/problem solving continuous improvement projects for shop floor.
- Serves as point of contact for respective manufacturing areas.
- High School Diploma or higher degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of pharmaceutical experience with aseptic processing manufacturing expierence.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Strong team skills, including ability to coach/develop work teams, provide training, motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be goal-oriented and able to manage risks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field preferred
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Production / Operator
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck