Associate Director, Animal Health Global Supply Chain Regional Operations Lead- North America
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Global Supply Chain Management Regional Lead is responsible for evaluating supply and demand through data analysis in partnership with Commercial, Site and Global Supply Chain colleagues. Act as single point of contact for Commercial and may take on an added role of Global Supply Chain point of contact for relevant site(s). Regional Leads will engage on Regional supply management and issue escalation with appropriate stakeholders. The Regional Lead will partner closely with the Value Chain Leads on demand and supply, ensure cross-species and cross product conflicts are resolved in the best interest of the business. Supply chain Regional leads will manage implementation of global and regional strategies through proactive partnership with the Value Chain team. The primary focus of this role is to be commercial facing, with a need to enable communication at the site level based on set roles and responsibilities.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to the following:
Regional/Market (Commercial facing)
- Primary point of contact for Regional Commercial teams. Understand regional and market strategy and translate into supply needs. Proactively evaluate supply risk visibility and assess and implement opportunities
- Engages Market Demand Reviews; evaluate trends, forecasts, monitors market/product inventories, and align market strategies with operations
- Global Supply Chain point for S&OPs (by species if required)
- Drive process and standardization in Market S&OPs
- Manage supply issues (demand and/or manufacturing driven) in accordance with escalation and allocation principles. Work with region/market on supply issue communication/management beyond a 3 month impact
- Coordinates proactive resolution of cross species/product resource conflicts.
- Engages Regional distribution planning & management.
- Facilitates cross country deliveries (CCD) to create opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Market visits to foster site knowledge and relationship management.
- Vet and Manage additional Business Regional/Market Improvement activities and projects as required
Site (Manufacturing facing)
- Primary GSCM point of contact for the manufacturing site(s), with focus on 3-24 month time period
- Works closely with Site Planning to align manufacturing plan to meet customer needs. Maintains alignment with Site Directors, Site Planners, IPT leads, etc. Site visits to foster site knowledge and relationship management.
- Facilitate business cases, capacity investment proposals, program roll outs and strategy integration as required
- Supply issue communication/management within 3-24 month impact. Enables sites to communicate <3 month timeframe.
- Facilitate/ Implement above site SCM Tier Process/Operations/Supply Reviews and other forums as required
- Interface w/ site Tier and manage site metrics (forecast accuracy, inventory, Inventory of questionable value (IQV), Months of Supply (MOS), etc.) as they relate to market needs.
- Work with GSCM Business Process Team and site planning in local/regional SCM process roll out, management and maintenance (i.e. Mid Term Planning MTP)
- Monitors and drives improvement initiatives around Customer Service Level (CSL) performance metric
- Work with Value Chain Team on regional requirements for product launches relative to site/market.
- Manage Regional/local siting and sourcing requirements.
- Support Local/Regional 5YP and Assumption Based Review (ABR) Process, interface with Product VCM and GSCM Network Team
- Involvement in Value Chain Governance Events as applicable to specific site/product in scope.
- Lifecycle management of local/regional products to support segmentation efforts
Note: Secondary location Upper Gwynedd,PA or Madison, NJ.
- B.S. degree required with an advanced degree or equivalent desirable
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in supply chain management, planning, market or site operations
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, especially those of peer groups, higher band levels and outside of immediate organization.
- Candidate must have strong cross functional relationship skills, business, management and operations experience, and deep knowledge of the Supply Chain business.
- APICs certification desired.
- Expertise in business process development and execution preferred.
- Desired skills include proactive mindset, ability to make complex problems understandable by various other groups and ability to clearly and concisely communicate.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck