Scientist, Delivery Chemistry
Moderna is seeking a highly motivated Scientist-level chemist to join the Delivery Chemistry group based in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will be a scientific leader within the team, responsible for designing and synthesizing components of novel delivery vehicles for multiple programs across Moderna's mRNA portfolio.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the design, planning, and execution of multi-step organic synthesis of novel components for our lipid nanoparticles to solve delivery challenges for multiple therapy areas
- Design and safely execute robust laboratory experiments, interpret data, communicate findings, and maintain a high-quality laboratory notebook
- Work within cross-functional teams of chemists, engineers, formulation scientists, and biologists to evaluate and optimize the efficiency and safety of our delivery technologies for multiple therapy areas
- Contribute to the design and support of in vitro and in vivo studies
- Proactively contribute to scientific discussions and strategic collaborations aimed at advancing the mRNA delivery platform
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 0-2 years industry experience in the synthesis of small organic molecules
- Detailed and current knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- Proficiency in experimental design, laboratory technique, and modern laboratory instrumentation
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Experience working with CROs and vendors preferred
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Desire for continued growth opportunities, including willingness to learn new skills and contribute across cross-functional areas
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.