Sr./Research Associate, Lyophilization Process Development
We seek a highly skilled and motivated Sr research associate to work in a team developing lyophilized mRNA-Liposome formulations and scaled processes that enable clinical supply. Applicants should have experience in lyophilization formulation and process development, and is interested in physical characterization of dried solid. The primary role for this position will be to support lyophilization process development and scale-up work with eventual ownership of experimental design and execution. The incumbent should also support drug product formulation innovation efforts. This requires exceptional time management, collaboration and communications skills with a strong attention to details.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Perform lyophilized formulation development studies to optimize mRNA/Liposome formulations
- Conduct lyophilization process development and scale up activities to optimize process
- Design and conduct experiments to characterize drug product
- Support scale-up of drug product manufacturing (e.g. Freeze/thaw, Lyophilization)
- Provide support to drug product formulation innovation efforts
- Support Formulation and Analytical Development teams
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS with 2-5 years of industry experience in oligonucleotide, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology development.
- Experience with lyophilization formulation/process development, and familiar with analytical characterization techniques including UV spectroscopy, DSC, KF, Freeze Drying Microscope(FDM) etc.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP compliance
- Preferred: Experience with nanoparticle formulations
- Preferred: MS with +1 years of industry experience in oligonucleotide, biologics, and/or biotech
- Preferred: Process tech transfer experience, experience working with CMO
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.