Research Scientist-Gastrointestinal Physiology
The Biotechnology Discovery Research (BioTDR) Lead Generation team is looking for an innovative researcher to join a drug discovery program passionate about gastrointestinal (GI) physiology and molecular transport. Do you have experience in regulation of the gut barrier, GI uptake/transport mechanisms, and intracellular sorting machinery? Do you have a desire to participate in collaboration between multidisciplinary teams and cross-functional teams? This role requires productive teamwork both within BioTDR, and with therapeutic area partners as well as clinical colleagues to identify and develop novel delivery opportunities for protein therapeutics. You will participate in ongoing research projects as well as help initiate new drug discovery and formulation research efforts. If you are dedicated, highly motivated, enjoy addressing scientific challenges and able to work in an interdisciplinary setting you could be right for this role.Key responsibilities include:
- Drug Hunting Focus and Scientific Nimbleness
- Understanding of gastrointestinal biology and physiology.
- Experience with in vivo assessment of transport properties of a wide range of molecules to drive mechanistic understanding of gut barrier function.
- Familiar with advancing a therapeutic opportunity from a cellular or molecular concept to in vivo proof of principle.
- Experience with therapeutically relevant pre-clinical animal models and appropriate cellular, molecular and protein analysis skills to validate absorption and action against targets of interest.
- Exhibit problem solving ability and be familiar with understanding and resolving connectivity issues linking in vitro and in vivo research.
- Enablement large molecules in diverse therapeutic areas. Work with multidisciplinary teams with a goal towards advancing a protein therapeutic to lead, optimizing it to candidate, and preparing it for clinical experimentation.
- Flexibility to apply gastrointestinal biology expertise to diverse disease areas of autoimmunity, diabetes, diabetic complications, oncology, neuroscience and pain.
- Ability to collaborate with scientists in formulating design and execution of preclinical experiments
- Proven ability to constructively influence peers and management.
- Strong presentation skills are required in communicating research findings
- Ability to participate in collaborations within the Biotechnology organization and therapeutic areas.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Basic Qualifications
- PhD or MD/PhD in Physiology, Biology, Immunology, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of Postdoctoral experience preferably in the areas of gut physiology, bio-therapeutics absorption, or regulation of gut barrier.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.