Supplier Technical Integration Engineer
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
At Merck’s manufacturing campus in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Specialist, Engineering position within the Technical Services team. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains – just a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical/vaccine product manufacturing facilities.
Assignments and duties will include:
- Achieve Safety, Quality, and Environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Leading and conducting technical investigations and analyses, recommending corrective actions, and seeing them through to successful, sustainable implementation
- Assessing vendor change notifications for product, process and regulatory impact
- Communicating with vendors to obtain compliance and validation documentation
- Develop and maintain metrics that show vendor management compliance
- Work closely with procurement and materials management to ensure material control compliance
- Writing, reviewing, improving documentation for technical and regulatory compliance excellence
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
- Teaching, coaching, mentoring, and learning from team members
- Bachelors Degree or higher in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related life science or engineering discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias toward going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of a dynamic team of individuals.
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Biologics or vaccine processing experience
- Sterile processing experience
- Small molecule / API experience
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Chemical Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck