Faculty and Post-doctoral Candidates Recruitment of Hunan University
Hunan University is situated at the foot of the picturesque Yuelu Mountain, on the west bank of the rippling Xiang River in Changsha city. The university is among the premier universities under the state's "Project 211 ", "Project 985" and "Double First Class University Plan "that enjoy priority investment and construction. In 2018, the university will recruit qualified professionals all over the world, who will receive an ideal development platform and internationally competitive remuneration.
I. Types of positions available
1. Candidates of “1000 Talents Plan” for Young Professionals
1) Will be employed as full-time professor and PhD supervisor;
2) Will receive an annual salary RMB 450,000+, which includes Yuelu Scholar Subsidy and Donghua Software Youth Talent Fund Subsidy (the talents in the discipline of computer science and related fields will receive RMB 550,000+). Eligible to get rewards for academic achievements in accordance with relevant policies of the university.
3) Will receive a settling-in allowance of RMB 1.45 million (after tax, including state aid and Changsha municipal subsidy); will have access to two years’ transitional housing or rent allowance.
4) Will receive research funding of RMB 4 to 6 million (including state aid); will be provided with necessary offices and laboratories; team building will be supported, and will enjoy priority when recruiting teaching staff and postdoctoral candidates (those supervising full-time post-doctoral candidates will receive financial support of RMB 120,000/person/year for two years);
5) Spouse will be employed by the university;
6) Children will have access to the affiliated childcare center (a prime childcare center in Hunan province), primary school (a bilingual experimental school) and secondary school.
2. Young Talents
1) Payment: annual salary of about RMB 200,000 to 450,000; Eligible to receive rewards for academic achievements in accordance with relevant policies of the university.
2) Research start-up funding: Science and Engineering: professor RMB 1 million/person; associate professor RMB 500,000/person; assistant professor RMB 250,000/person; Humanities and Social science: professor RMB 500,000/person; associate professor RMB 300,000/person; assistant professor RMB 150,000/person;
3) Settling-in allowance: professor RMB 300,000/person; associate professor RMB 200,000/person; assistant professor RMB 150,000/person;
4) For talents in disciplines that are in urgent need and the exceptionally excellent young talents, the exact package can be negotiated; they will also enjoy priority in PhD recruiting, experimental platform construction.
5) Will be recommended to apply for the “Hundred Talent Plan” of Hunan province. Those selected will receive living allowance of 500,000 (tax free).
6) Those with high academic achievements will be able to apply for positions listed in the university’s “Yuelu Scholar Plan”, and receive corresponding allowance.
7) Professionals in the fields of economy, management, the science of law can apply for support from the “Tianzhi Scholar Plan”. Successful applicants will receive an allowance of RMB 50,000 to 100,000/year, for a period of 3 + 2 years.
8) Those supervising full-time post-doctoral candidates will receive financial support of RMB 120,000/person/year for two years;
9) Children of the hired have access to the university’s affiliated childcare center, primary school and secondary school.
3. Post-doctoral candidates
1) Will receive financial support of RMB 120,000/year for two years; may also receive counterpart funding from the supervisors and departments; have access to subsidies provided by the province and the municipal government. Those who graduated from one of the top 100 universities in the world (QS, Thames and ARWU) are eligible to apply for an international exchange scheme with a salary of RMB 300,000/year.
2) Those aim to apply for the “National Post-doctoral Innovative Talent Support Program (Boxin Program)” will receive support in looking for a co-supervisor. Successful applicants will be able to apply for teaching positions in the university after completing their research work.
3) Full-time post-doctoral candidates will be provided with social insurance and housing accumulation fund; their children will also have access to the university’s affiliated childcare center, primary and secondary schools.
II. Hunan University
Hunan University now has the School of Graduation and 23 colleges and departments. Professional disciplines cover 11 subject categories, such as philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, management, and medicine. 24 first-order disciplines are authorized to confer Ph.D. degrees, and 25 post-doctoral programs have been developed. The university ranks 133rd on the Nature Index 2017 Tables internationally, and 18th among universities in China; 384th on the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (21st among the universities listed in the state’s “985 Project”). Its Engineering ranks top 1‰ in ESI. It has 6 disciplines which rank top 1% in ESI, including Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Biology and Bio-chemistry, Environment and Ecology, and Computer Science. 7 disciplines are recognized as national defense disciplines. Chemistry and Engineering are included in the international first-class discipline development plan of the Ministry of Education of China.
The university has over 36,000 full-time students, of whom over 20,000 are undergraduates and 15,000 graduates. It has a faculty of nearly 1,950, of whom 10 are members of the Chinese Academy of Science, 38 are members of the “Ten Thousand Talent Plan”, and 35 are either “Yangtse River Scholar” or recipients of the National Outstanding Youth Fund.
The university has 45 national, ministerial and provincial key scientific research institutions, which include State Key Laboratory of Chemo/Biosensing and Chemometrics, Sate Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body, and China Industrial Finance Synergy Innovation Center. Its Supercomputing Center is the third national supercomputing center in China. The university is also home to a national science park and Changsha Gaoxinqu Lugu Institution.
The capital city of Hunan province, Changsha was once called Tanzhou in ancient times, and also has the name “star city”. It is among the first group of Famous Chinese Historical and Cultural Cities, and has a history of over 3,000 years. It is famous for being the capital of Changsha State in the Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD), and the capital of Chu State (907–951) in Ten Kingdoms period.
The city is home to 57 colleges and universities, 97 independent research institutions, 14 national engineering (technology) research centers, 15 national key (engineering) laboratories,12 national enterprise technology centers, and the first national new area in central China, Xiangjiang New Area. It is also a pilot zone of the development of a Resources-conserving and Environment-friendly Society and a national intellectual property model city.
Changsha is well connected by roads, river, rail, and air transportation modes, and is a regional hub for industrial, tourist, and service sectors. It is the crossing point of the Beijing-Guangzhou railway and Shanghai-Kunming Railway in China, and has flights to cities such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Vancouver and Sydney. With its brilliant cultural activities, Changsha was the first Chinese city to be honored as the city of Media Arts by UNESCO. In 2017, the GDP of Changsha saw an increase of 9%. Its per capital disposable income of urban and rural residents ranks first, whereas its average price of commercial housing is next to last among the capital cities of central China. Endowed with beautiful sceneries of the Yuelu Mountain and Xiang River, Changsha boasts for its enjoyable living environment and has been selected as one of the Happiest Cities in China for 10 consecutive years.
IV. Contact us
Please send your CV to the corresponding department, and CC firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Xu Hui, Human Resources Department
Tel: (86) 731-88822723 Email: email@example.com.
- Please check attached contact information of the departments. For more information, please visit http://jobs.hnu.edu.cn/
Apply for Faculty and Post-doctoral Candidates Recruitment of Hunan University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly