Associate IT Specialist
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
I. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Associate IT Specialist is responsible for supporting the IT (computerized) systems including servers and networks that directly support the Elkton Manufacturing Facilities, while actively supporting, participating in and embracing an empowered team culture.
II. GENERAL PROFILE:
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills
• Builds knowledge of the company, processes and clients and/or customers
• Solves a range of straightforward problems
• Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Applies team effectiveness skills, listening and integrating diverse perspectives from across the work group; contributes and adds value to the achievement of team goals
III. BUSINESS EXPERTISE:
• Applies general knowledge of company business developed through education or past experience
IV. FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE:
Specific to IT (Information Technology) systems including network and server support, the Associate IT Specialist will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing and lab systems include the following:
• Trouble-shooting equipment / automation issues related to the networks, servers, and other infrastructure
• Maintaining the IT systems in compliance with cGMPs.
• Reviewing IT system documents, preventive maintenance, and SOPs to ensure compliance with GMP and safety.
• Developing and supporting corrective actions for investigations related to IT systems.
• Use technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of variety of IT systems.
• Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
• On-floor support of manufacturing activities.
• Provides client services support for business area applications.
• SOP development and review.
• Direct support of regulatory inspections and audits.
• Direct support of validation activities and all other associated Quality functions.
• Other duties requested by Management.
V. PROBLEM SOLVING:
• Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
• Applies limited judgment and discretion
VI. INTERNAL CLIENT/EXTERNAL CUSTOMER FOCUS:
• Responds to standard requests from clients and/or customers
• Errors on the job may cause time delays and impact the work of others in own work group
• Influence and Decision Making:
• Explains information and persuades others in straightforward situations
• Makes decisions within guidelines and policies that impact own priorities and allocation of time to meet deadlines
XI. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to sit, stand and move within work space for extended periods
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations, grasping pushing and pulling
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics or related field or expected degree by June, 2018
- Recent College Graduate - Dec 2017 – Jun 2018.
- IT system support relating to servers and network equipment.
- Ability to analyze and define business problems.
- Develop business cases. Identify appropriate process and technological solutions.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Desire to learn new things.
- Ability to work independently.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Account Management
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck