(Contract) Sr./Research Associate, Infectious Diseases
Moderna is seeking a highly skilled and motivated research associate/senior research associate(RA/SRA) ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment at their Cambridge, MA site. A key role our Zika vaccine development effort, you will be responsible for the development and performance of key assays and other efforts needed for eventual registration of the mRNA based vaccine. Reporting to a Sr. Scientist, Infectious Diseases the applicant will help to characterize novel mRNA constructs in vitro and in vivo.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement, and we are relentless in our pursuit of transformative medicines for patients. Our Zika program is a joint effort with BARDA to bring the promise of mRNA for rapid response vaccines for emerging threats to global health.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Development and performance of in vitro/ex vivo assays (Flow cytometry, ELISA, ELIspot, and related)
- Standard cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cell lines and primary cells
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Accountable for project success and results delivery
- Closely collaborate with other members within the group
- Record and communicate findings internally and to our key government partners
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- RA - BS 0-2 years with industry experience performing in vitro screening performing in vitro/ ex vivo immunology experiments
- SRA - MS with 0-2 years of research/industry experience or BS 2-5 years with industry experience performing in vitro screening performing in vitro/ ex vivo immunology experiments
- Required high experience in immunology including Flow cytometry, ELISA, ELIspot, luminescent and fluorescent based assay development
- Hands on experience with cell culture (cell lines and primary cell culture)
- Excellent lab skills and ability to work efficiently and productively and a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.