Associate Director, Clinical Operations (Oncology)
Moderna is seeking an Associate Director of Clinical Operations (Oncology) to manage studies and oversee CRO and vendors, design and work to support clinical operations initiatives. May report to the Moderna's Head of Therapeutic Operations or to a Clinical Operations Lead within the Therapeutic Area. This position will work collaboratively across several Oncology teams for clinical operations activities of individual development programs.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Study Management may include natural history, first-in-human and early phase clinical trials of development candidates.
- Manage cross functional leadership and CRO/vendor management related to clinical trial operations aspects.
- Lead in the selection and oversight of CROs and other vendors
- Develop and lead the review of clinical outsourcing strategies and plans
- Manage assigned clinical trial budgets
- Responsible for representing Clinical Operations on cross-functional project teams and Vendor/CRO operational meetings and ensuring compliance with operational standards and procedures
- Initiate and lead monitoring oversight activities are conducted in accordance to Moderna and ICH/GCP standards
- Along with other Clinical Development personnel, represent the Company externally to Investigators and trial site administrators
- Oversee activities leading to internal GCP audits and regulatory inspections related to clinical trial conduct
- Maintain oversight and participate in the review of departmental SOPs to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within Moderna
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- At least five years of global trial management experience in a clinical research environment, most of which should be in industry and with global trials
- Advanced degree preferred or Bachelor's in a science-based subject
- Oncology trial experience is crucial
- Solid experience in early phase drug development and proven track record of success
- Multi-dimensional Clinical operations background with capability of devising plans for operational challenges such as site activation, patient enrollment, monitoring oversight, protocol deviation management, data cleaning,
- Cross Collaboration proficiency with other functions such as Research, Drug Supply, and Finance.
- Thorough command of FDA and ICH GCP guidelines to ensure the appropriate conduct of clinical studies in the United States, Europe and rest of world
- Experience in regulatory GCP inspections/audits
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including clinical authoring experience including protocols and investigator brochures
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Proven track record of effective leadership in the context of a multi-disciplinary team in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Creative, capable problem-solver
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders; Some travel required
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at multiple child-care centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.