Senior Director of Lab Services
The Senior Director grows Revenues and expands Gross Margins for Laboratory Services including, but not limited to sample fractionation, nucleic acid extraction, genetic/genomic analysis, and cell and stem cell services. The successful incumbent will plan and deliver on operating plans, while maintaining sample and data integrity and Quality. The role directly manages lab personnel in multiple locations and is responsible for expenses and the return on investment of lab equipment and lab facilities. This role is strategic, operational, scientific, and tactical, requiring the incumbent to strike a balance between defining and executing business plans, supporting staff, meeting regulatory requirements, and collaborating with commercial teams and customers.
- Defines the strategy and operating plans for the business line, gains buy in and approval for business plans, and executes by partnering with commercial teams and customers.
- Defines look ahead metrics for predicting financial and operational performance; defines root causes for gaps and executes performance recovery plans.
- Prioritizes investments and maximizes the ROI and utilization of equipment and labor; reduces operating expenses.
- Defines costs, pricing, business terms, billing triggers, and value propositions for the business line, and collaborates with marketing to ensure messages reach target customers effectively.
- Identifies, defines and implements additional lab services offerings that grow the business, tests them centrally and then deploys them globally.
- Builds, develops, challenges, and retains a high impact leadership and operational team.
- Provides overall management oversight of the day-to-day operation of all laboratories, ensuring regulatory compliance, and driving best practices and continuous improvement across all locations.
- Provides scientific technical and commercial support in laboratory and analytical services to commercial teams, leading definition of workflows, and helping negotiate contractual terms.
- Manages CLIA laboratory from an operational and regulatory respective and is responsible for regulatory accreditation of both Clinical and RUO laboratories.
- Engages commercial teams on a daily basis to understand market dynamics and new business pipelines.
- Meets customer timeline and Quality commitments and pro-actively resolves customer satisfaction issues, eliminating root causes.
- Collaborates with Quality function to comply with and improve upon internal and external processes.
- Collaborates with Brooks scientific leadership to identify, implement, and manage a scientifically driven services development plan.
- Collaborates with other business line leaders across Brooks Life Sciences to fully exploit the Company’s differentiated Sample Intelligence value proposition.