Principal Scientist / Research High Throughput Biology-182774
Are you seeking a new professional challenge at a pharmaceutical company, which has achieved success at an international level? Boehringer Ingelheim has been named "top employer" several times and offers a broad range of promising research possibilities at our Site in Biberach which is located in one of Germanys´ most beautiful regions near the Alps and Lake Constance!
If you are open-minded and curious for a new responsible task you can forward your career path, apply to Principal Scientist/ Research High Throughput Biology now.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will manage an in vitro pharmacology laboratory for screening and profiling in Discovery Research.
- Leadership and development of lab scientists will be one of your key responsibilities.
- As a Principal Scientist you will be responsible for developing biochemical and cellular model systems suitable for high throughput assays for hit finding and optimization.
- To establish efficient hit-finding and optimization strategies, you will drive scientific and technological development of in vitro model systems, novel innovative assay readouts and integrate complex in vitro pharmacology data.
- You will have a key role in representing your scientific function in interdisciplinary and cross-site research teams and international collaborations.
- To characterize drug candidates, you will guide research projects from the development of new therapeutic concepts to hit finding and optimization.
- Furthermore, you will establish and develop screening and profiling collaborations with external partners.
- Master and PhD in biology, biochemistry or equivalent qualification
- Expert for biochemical and cellular assay systems and data analysis of quantitative in vitro pharmacological data
- Sound knowledge in applied pharmacology in a pharmaceutical research environment
- Ideally, professional experience in in vitro pharmacology, preferentially as screening and profiling expert
- Excellent skills in English, basic skills in German are a plus
- Outstanding communication skills
- Structured and interdisciplinary approach to projects
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities. We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services: Mrs. Yue Pan, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 - 54 188546
Job - Research & Development
Primary Location - Europe-DE-Baden Wuerttemberg-Biberach
Organization - DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH&Co.KG (Germany)
Schedule - Full-time