Global Medical Information Scientist-Diabetes
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Key responsibilities of the Global Medical Information (GMI) Scientist-Diabetes include and are not limited to the following:
US and Global Medical Information – DIABETES
- Identify relevant scientific information to help develop Medical Information deliverables that meet customer’s needs. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of comprehensive and accurate standard response documents with guidance from GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director. Respond to unsolicited professional information requests from healthcare providers in writing and/or verbally with guidance from GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director based on complexity.
Scientific Review of US and Global Promotional Materials – DIABETES
- As a member of a cross-functional US and Global Promotional Review Team, collaborate with GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director based on complexity of the review of promotional materials from internal GHH teams and external partners, to help ensure a balanced presentation of scientifically accurate, relevant content that is consistent with all applicable company policies, local regulations, and department SOPs.
Medical Education and Training – DIABETES
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine educational objective of training materials and identify training gaps. Contribute to the development/creation and delivery of scientific training materials to the MNSC, Sales Representatives, and USMA field based employees with guidance from the GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director.
- The GMI Scientist, in collaboration with GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director, helps to explain scientific information and works with GMI Diabetes Team to support business needs.
- The GMI Scientist makes decisions within guidelines and policies which impact a range of routine client/customer, operational, and project activities.
- The GMI Scientist, with their advanced scientific background, brings a new perspective to existing problems and helps find solutions.
- The GMI Scientist, with their advanced scientific background, is a resource within their therapeutic area for the global core functions of Medical information, Promotional Review, Medical Education/Training.
- The GMI Scientist aspires and has potential to manage and prioritize the global core functions of Medical Information, Promotional Review, and Medical Education/Training to meet internal/external customer needs.
Education and Required Experience:
- PharmD or PhD degree or
- MS degree in Life Science with Med Info experience
- Deep experience in Medical Information and Therapeutic Area experience in Diabetes, as outlined above.
- Strong medical writing, communication, and medical presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Medical Affairs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck