Due to our successful growth, we are adding an Executive Assistant opportunity here at Moderna in Kendall Square. This individual provides critical support to three executives within our Executive Team. The position requires extensive coordination and communication within Moderna and other outside parties, working with information that is of a critical and confidential nature. A high degree of initiative, self-direction and collaboration is required. The role requires a high degree of tact and discretion, highly professional and corporate presence, self-confidence, flexibility and adaptability. Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced changing corporate environment is critical to success in the position.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Proactively manage calendars for three executives: President, Corporate & Product Strategy, Chief Communications Officer and General Counsel.
- Clarify expectations with teams (e.g. due dates, prep meetings, information needed, etc.), and understand business priorities and challenges.
- Coordinate extensive internal/external meetings with efficiency and detail; communicating clearly to explain conflicts and need to re-prioritize.
- Manage significant travel arrangements for executives (domestic/international)
- Manage extensive standing meetings with teams and executives throughout organization
- Proactively support all strategy and business development initiatives - i.e. coordinating site visits, travel, internal prep meetings, on-site logistics
- Manage all aspects of conference attendance - registration, travel, pre-attendance prep meetings.
- Liaise with several external boards on behalf of executive and coordinate travel, expense reimbursement
- Analyze needs and problems, and determine approach and priority in collaboration with executives, their teams and administrative colleagues across functions
- Support all communication initiatives with external vendors, internal teams, video shoots, etc.
- Schedule all team meetings; off-sites
- Prepare expense reports for executives and approve online expense and time off submittals of team
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- C-Suite Level executive assistant experience in a high growth, fast paced corporate environment
- Proven ability to take initiative, determine priorities and exercise good judgment
- Confidence with significant calendar management
- Ability to recognize opportunities/gaps/obstacles, apply analytical and creative thinking to address issues or find innovative solutions and see it through to completion by taking ownership and accountability.
- Professional confidence in own ability and demonstrated intuition as a result of experience working through complex situations/issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously leveraging strong organizational skills and flawless attention to detail, recognizing value and impact of the results
- AS Degree plus a minimum of 10 years related C-suite executive level administrative support experience in a corporate environment; or BA/BS plus a minimum of 8 years related C-suite executive level administrative support experience in a corporate environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry a plus
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical and dental offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at KinderCare, Little Sprouts and Champions Centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.