Research Leader, Drug Discovery Biologist, NYC, Schrödinger, Inc.
Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 50 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with well over a 100 years of combined drug discovery experience. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Biologist to drive drug target evaluation and selection, and provide project management and senior technical expertise across multiple drug discovery programs and therapeutic areas.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating target opportunities for Schrödinger’s drug discovery collaborations
- Responsible for managing CROs regarding experimental design, implementation and execution of in vitro biological assays (biophysical, biochemical and cell-based) and in vivo testing in support of drug discovery projects
- Responsible for data review, analysis and interpretation of results, and troubleshooting issues related to drug discovery projects
- Responsible for providing biology expertise to the Drug Discovery Group
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with 8+ years relevant pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Extensive experience in identifying high value therapeutic targets in multiple disease areas, based on evaluation of biological rationale, tractability and competitive landscape
- Expertise establishing in vitro biochemical/biophysical and cell-based assays and identifying translational disease models
- Experience working with contract research organizations on program execution
- Demonstrated contributions to R&D efforts that have led to the development of clinical candidates
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience incorporating large datasets (e.g. genomic and proteomic) into the target evaluation and selection process
- Experience in quantitative pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and ADMET sciences required to define clinical candidate profiles
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package and a flexible work environment for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.