IT Account Manager, Corporate Tax / Business Architect
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The Corporate Tax Client Service Account Manager and GSF Business Architect position within the Global Support Function (GSF) IT organization will serve two critical leadership roles. First, it will be a primary focal point for the Corporate Tax group, which is greatly increasing the focus on digital enablers such as analytics and automation, in an effort to help Merck to predict and ultimately maintain an optimal effective tax rate and an improved tax compliance posture. Second, it will orchestrate the development of investment roadmaps across all GSFs, working in partnership with Client Service Leaders within and outside of GSF IT.
Corporate Tax Roadmaps
- Lead the assessment of the current state of processes related to Tax Accounting, Transfer Pricing and related processes in the life cycle of Tax Accounting.
- Lead the design of future state processes and the required capabilities to improving the forecast accuracy of Effective Tax Rate and Earning per share metrics.
- Create a technology capability roadmap and propose necessary investments to enable the future state design.
- GSF Roadmaps
• In collaboration with the GSF IT leadership team, develop realistic, yet specific plans to create technology roadmaps and investment plans for the various Global Service functions in the business.
o Develop reusable frameworks and approaches that the group can leverage to create roadmaps
o Provide Subject Matter Expertise in creation of roadmaps
• Use influence rather than edict to get support and follow thru on commitments made to the Leadership team
Communication Planning & Execution
• Own and drive the creation of various communication artifacts related to planning and road-mapping and articulate a compelling link between business objectives, strategies and tactics and enabling IT capabilities
• Own the development of a communication plan for key stakeholder groups such as Business Leaders, Process owners, User community and other IT stakeholder and coordinate the execution of the plan across GSF IT portfolio
Successful candidate will have a proven leadership track record of success thru influence and collaboration. Excellent collaboration and inter-personal skills combined with a strong work ethic and a resourceful “can-do” mindset is required.
This position can be located in Kenilworth or Upper Gwynedd.
- BS/BA, degree in Business/Finance, Information Systems, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience working in a client-facing IT organization.
- Hands-on expertise in one or more IT disciplines of Business Architecture, large program implementations and client- facing roles interfacing with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of broad technology trends and ability to determine to applicability to problems at hand.
- Strong professional consulting skills sets with a balance of strategic analysis skills and excellent communication, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Working in a matrixed organization, with experience influencing senior level business and IT stakeholders.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Big 4 consulting experience with exposure to Finance domain in general and Corporate Tax in particular
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Account Management Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck