Post Doctoral Research Associate - Mellon College of Science
The Mellon College of Science (MCS) is home to four departments and many programs and research centers that cross disciplines. We approach scientific problems from fresh angles using creative interdisciplinary approaches while drawing on our departmental strengths in the core sciences. MCS faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their research in a variety of fields, including polymer science, cosmology, mathematical finance and neuroscience.
The Department of Biological Sciences is seeking a Post Doctoral Research Associate. The Zhao Biophotonic Engineering laboratory applies chemistry, synthetic biology, and other advanced bioengineering approaches to invent new imaging techniques that transform the way researchers interrogate cellular structure, function and diseases.
We want creative, independent and ambitious candidates who are interested in further developing and applying these novel and innovative technology. We have positions available for Post Doctoral Research Associates in projects that range from molecular biology, imaging, microscopy, chemical biology, and bioengineering.
- Ph.D. in any of STEM fields.
- At least 4 years of Biology/Chemistry research lab experience.
- Ability to independently work on multiple projects.
- Hands on experience with chemistry.
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to PCR, restriction enzyme digestion, cloning, cell culturing.
- Rich experience in fluorescence microscopy.
- Must possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation to learn new techniques and desire to read primary scientific literature.
- Expertise in immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- Expertise in protein engineering, especially for fluorescent proteins.
- Computer programming experience (Matlab preferred).
- Super-resolution optical microscopy expertise.
- Data analysis experience.
- Computational imaging processing or lab management skills would also be a great plus.