Senior Medical Advisor, Clinical Development Design Hub - Neuroscience
Physicians are key scientific leaders within the Design Hub (DH). The DH seeks to deliver a core clinical design capability with tightly integrated cross-functional expertise to provide consistent, high quality designs to asset teams. In this role, you will provide scientific, clinical, and therapeutic expertise and leadership. The DH will enable more frequent/repeated individual involvement than alternate constructs in Program/Trial design, and learning/improvement from these repeated cycles and cross-therapeutic and cross-functional sharing of knowledge are key objectives of the hub.
Through application of scientific training, clinical expertise, and relevant experience, you will play a key role in the development of corporate/global clinical trials; while the Design Hub's initial focus is on proof of concept and registration clinical studies, you may work on trials across early and/or late phases of development and commercialization of the product. You will also participate in the review process for protocols and publications and as needed work with regulatory and other governmental agencies. You will participate, at times, in activities largely led by the Asset Teams such as outreach medical activities aimed at the external clinical customer community, including thought leaders; the development and implementation of the business unit and global strategy for the product; and various medical activities in support of demand realization.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. Basic Qualifications
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy. Must be board eligible or certified in a medical specialty or have completed the comparable level of post-medical school clinical training relevant to the country of hiring. US trained physicians must have achieved board eligibility or certification. Foreign medical graduates who are not US board eligible or certified may be hired directly for employment in the US at the discretion of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Non-US trained physicians must have completed education and training at a medical school that meets the requirements of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). For the recognized list of foreign medical schools and the disapproved list, see http://www.in.gov/pla/2799.htm
- Pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Strong understanding of Neuroscience therapeutic area - pathology, pathophysiology, unmet needs, and treatment standards.
- Clinical research or pharmaceutical medicine experience in of at least five years and adequate to provide strong grounding in the drug development progress, clinical trial principles, and scientific decision making. Ideally this experience will have accrued in an industry or academic setting.
- Board certification or eligibility within Neuroscience TA is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in one or more areas relevant to clinical trial design are strongly preferred (e.g., statistical/inferential methods, rating instruments, regulatory standards, safety assessment, investigator/site management, etc.).
- Clinical research experience within Neuroscience therapeutic area is preferred.
- Fluent in English; both written and verbal communications
- Interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others (both cross-functionally and within the function) in order to create a positive working environment.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Willing to relocate to Indianapolis.
- Willing to engage in limited domestic and international travel to the degree appropriate to support the business of the team.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Primary internal interactions
- Director(s)-Clinical Operations, managers or project managers
- Clinical planning, operations, CRPs/Ss, other research staff
- Scientific communication associates
- Health outcomes research consultants/research scientists
- Regulatory directors, scientists, and associates
- Product directors, managers, and associates of the brand teams
- Legal counsel
- Therapeutic area physicians, development CRP/Ss, medical affairs CRP/Ss, early phase physicians, and Sr. Director-Medicals
- Global Marketing director or manager
- Corporate patient safety physician
- Scientific and clinical experts, thought leaders
- Lilly clinical investigators
- Practicing physicians/prescribers
- Regulatory agency personnel
- Professional association staff and leaders
- Disease advocates and lay organizations focused on relevant health issues
- Formulary representatives (private and government)