The Diabetes and Complications Therapeutic Area (DCTA) of Eli Lilly and Company focuses on the discovery of biologics and small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of diabetes and associated complications. We are committed to finding therapies to help improve patient quality of life. We are looking for a biologist with ultrasonography experience to join our team. As a Biologist in Cardio-Renal Discovery research you will play a key role in the discovery of novel therapies for heart failure. Do you have experience in conducting cardiac systolic and diastolic function measurements in normal and failing hearts of rodents using ultrasonography? Do you have experience in establishing and measuring Pressure-Volume loops in rodents? This will be a great opportunity for you to build on your experiences in discovery research. You should also have skills to oversee in vivo studies in a team environment to support both small and large molecule projects. Primary responsibilities will include performing proof-of-concept studies and testing compounds. Teamwork within and outside of the DCTA Discovery group is an expectation.Key Objectives/Deliverables
- Assist designing experimental protocols and performing in vivo rodent heart failure studies.
- Willingness to handle animals, blood, tissue biopsies, as well as test article formulations, administration by oral gavage and subcutaneous and intramuscular injections is a plus.
- Ability to learn and master new analytical techniques.
- Requirement for accurate record keeping, independent data analysis, and reporting of data in written and oral formats.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in biology or related field with 2 years of laboratory research experience or a Master's degree with research experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Familiar with setting up and running biochemical assays.
- Proven ability to work in flexible, collaborative environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication/listening skills.
- Strong relationship-building and interaction skills with peers and management.
- Flexible scheduling is a requirement. The position is full-time (40 hrs/wk), but not all regularly scheduled work hours will occur Mon-Fri from 8 AM-4:45 PM. There is a requirement to work after-hours or on weekends on occasion.
- The position level will be commensurate with the candidate's experience. The position is governed by regulations including OSHA, AAALAC, OLAW and NRC — compliance to all applicable regulations is mandatory.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status